You wouldn’t want to fix the same problem twice would you? As consumers we must always be on the lookout for companies, prices, and guarantees that are too good to be true. A little planning, review, and use of helpful on-line tools from government agencies and web based reviews can go a long way to ensure you receive value and reliability.
The true worth of a basement waterproofing company should not just be what they can fix today, but do they have what it takes to stand behind it tomorrow as well.
- Ask friends and get referrals. Perma Dry Waterproofing Contractors can provide you with the contact information of many satisfied customers right in your own neighborhood.
- Get all verbal details in writing. Make sure your expectations are the same as the contractors.
- Building permits and building codes are there to protect you and the community. Call your local building department and find out about permits, especially when connecting water to a storm or sanitary sewer line. Failure to comply with building codes can result in monetary fines and additional costs to repair faulty workmanship.
- Ensure your contractor is licensed, bonded, and insured. You can view current and past business licenses, employee liability certificates, and insurance and bond information at the Washington State Labor and Industries website.
- Are the company employees trained company professionals, sub-contractors, or day laborers? Labor and Industries insurance protects you and the safety and the well-being of those performing work from every day work related injuries.
Other Web Related Resources
The Washington Labor and Industries website now includes valuable information for researching the past history of contractors and businesses.
State Attorney General: http://www.atg.wa.gov/askcolumn.aspx
Better Business Bureau of Washington: http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/